Mealplana is built by the same team behind NutriAdmin, the software for nutritionists that was launched back in 2016. Mealplana is our attempt 5 years later to provide more useful software for the nutrition space. We aim to serve a slightly different range of customers than with NutriAdmin.
Users that are familiar with NutriAdmin often ask, so what is the difference between NutriAdmin and Mealplana? Why create a new software? Please read on to learn more.
What we have learned with NutriAdmin
A lot of things have changed in the world of software for nutrition since 2016. Many new products have been launched, and the industry has grown. There are now more professionals around the world that need to handle nutritional analysis and meal planning on a regular basis.
When we launched NutriAdmin, we aimed to serve mainly dietitians and nutritionists. Specifically, dietitians/nutritionists that run their own practice and see clients for consultations.
NutriAdmin has two broad areas in terms of features:
- Admin-related features: calendar, reports, client notes, questionnaires, payment processing
- Nutrition-related features: meal plans, food analysis, recipes
The feature-set above make NutriAdmin an all-in-one solution for dietitians and nutritionists. Many of the users sign up for NutriAdmin and use most of the features. There are many advantages of having a specialised solution that keeps all data synced, secure, and in one place.
NutriAdmin’s “unexpected” users
As mentioned above, NutriAdmin was conceived mainly for nutritionists and dietitians. However, over the years, we have noticed that other types of professionals also find the software useful. These include:
- personal trainers
- gym owners
- sport teams
- large companies with a small team in charge of nutrition analysis/meal planning
- universities/educational institutions
- and more!
So, why is this relevant? The users above sign up for NutriAdmin almost exclusively to take advantage of meal planning, recipes, and the other nutrition-related features. As such, these type of customers don’t necessarily need the admin-related features that dietitians and nutritionists use.
How to satisfy the needs of the most users possible
Mealplana is a separate product specialising solely on nutrition-related features. Our goal is to make Mealplana the best meal planning software in the market.
Rather than continuing to add-in extra functionality to NutriAdmin in order to extend the software to adjacent markets (which would make the software more bloated, slow to use, etc) we have decided to create a completely separate product.
So, if you are a professional that needs to create meal plans and perform nutrition analysis, Mealplana is for you. If you need an all-in-one software for nutritionists/dietitians, NutriAdmin is best.
Making this separation of concerns allows us to:
- Use more modern technology for Mealplana that was not available back in 2016
- Keep the two apps as specialised as possible, so that they address the needs of different types of users better
- Have the opportunity to create new features that would not necessarily make sense for NutriAdmin
Ultimately, we want to be able to offer a range of solutions for nutrition professionals. Ensuring the user gets exactly what they need, and no extra irrelevant features.
What about existing NutriAdmin users
Firstly, NutriAdmin will still be maintained indefinitely, and we have some features/improvements planned for the future based on user demand.
Secondly, we have identified mainly three types of users of NutriAdmin. We have come up with a plan that will hopefully satisfy most:
- People that like it as it is and don’t want anything to change. Since Mealplana is a different product, this means NutriAdmin users that are not interested in meal plans won’t have anything to worry about.
- Users that only care about better meal planning capability. Some of these users may be able to switch to Mealplana once the software is more mature.
- Users that need all features. We may create an integration between Mealplana and NutriAdmin if there is enough demand, and offer both softwares as a package with a heavy discount.
If you use NutriAdmin, and you don’t fit in any of the categories above or have questions feel free to reach out.
We are excited about providing our users with more choice and improved software options. If you are interested in Mealplana, feel free to sign up for a free trial and check it out!